Window film is an abrasion-resistant, transparent layer(s) of selective wavelength polyester that is applied to, and trimmed to fit, your existing windows. Most films are applied to the interior surface of a glass window in a home, commercial building, or car. When installed by a certified professional, there is no noticeable change to the color of your glass unless a heavily tinted or highly reflective film has been selected.
Window films vary in color (from clear to silver) and reflectivity (from no reflectivity to high reflectivity). And there is no purpling, bubbling, seal failure, or glass breakage.
By applying window film, you can do the following:
- Reduce heating and air-conditioning expenses
- Increase tenant and resident comfort
- Reduce fabric and furniture fade
- Reduce glare
- Increase personal safety from flying glass shards
- Deter smash and grab crime
- Create privacy for glass-walled rooms and offices
- Reduce graffiti abatement expenses
- Replicate the look of frosted glass or etched patterns with decorative film
Window films are maintenance-free and can be applied to regular and tinted / Low-E glass.